The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs at https://apply.pte.hu
- Minimally CEFR B2 level language exam certificate (TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/ECL ) less than 2 years old Official Copies of Degree Certificates and their super-legalized translation in English
- MSc degree
- Transcript of studies (and their superlegalized English translation)
- Europass curriculum vitae in English
- Research Proposal in English (2-3 page long)
- List of publications (if any)
- Doctor's certificate
In order to be considered eligible for the Program, applicants must hold a Master’s degree (MA, MSc) in a relevant field. Prospective students who do not possess a Master’s degree in Economics are advised to complement their studies with a Master of Business Administration degree at an accredited institution. Applicants who are still conducting their studies at the time of application must submit an official letter from their institution indicating the date of graduation. Students cannot enroll at the Program until they have successfully completed their studies at the Master’s level.
Deadline of application – 20th May.
Decisions on admission are made by the 31st of May.
The Research Proposal
It is a 2-3-page written statement of the research plan, which includes the explanation of the purpose of the study and the outline of the research methodology. It should comprise the following:
- The planned title of the dissertation
- The aim of the underlying research as well as the clearly stated motivation for the research
- A preliminary literature review, i.e. a review of the state-of-the-art literature
- List of references
- Please note that all research proposals are thoroughly checked with an anti-plagiarism software.
Send the required documents to Gabriella Kohlmann at the following postal address:
University of Pécs, Faculty of Business and Economics
International PhD Program
Rákóczi St. 80, H-7622 Pécs, Hungary
iphd-admin [at] ktk.pte.hu
After receiving all the required documents, suitable applicants will be selected for a Skype interview at a pre-arranged time. The aim of the interview is to ensure the English language proficiency as well as the personal commitment of the applicant.