Trier University Summer School
Course dates: August 5 to August 30, 2019
Course cost: 600 €
The program and fee include:
- German language courses on all levels from A1 to C2 (approx. 80 hours of instruction ) with a graded final test and 5 ECTS points
- an Europe-oriented academic lecture and seminar program (12 hours)
- a seminar on current didactic methods and pedagogical concepts in the field of German as a Foreign Language (optional for level C1/C2, 24 hours)
- excursions in Germany, France and Luxemburg
Further information and online application:
EFST Summer School 2019
Date: June 10 - June 14, 2019.
"Early bird" application deadline: March 15, 2019
"Regular" application deadline: May 03, 2019
On behalf of the Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split and The Regional Science Academy, titled “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” (June 10th to June 14th , 2019, Split, Croatia).
The EF ST Summer School “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” represents a unique opportunity to learn and discuss about structures, actors, processes, challenges and future perspective of the regional development and EU policy in dialogue with leading international academic experts and practitioners.
SUMMER SCHOOL LECTURERS:
- Peter Nijkamp, prof. emeritus (Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam)
- prof. dr. sc. Andres Rodriguez –Pose (London School of Economics)
- prof. dr. sc. John Bachtler (University of Strathclyde)
- prof. dr. sc. Roberta Capello (Politecnico of Milan)
- prof. dr. sc. Fiona Wishlade (European Policies Research Centre, School of Government and Public Policy, University of Strathclyde)
- dr. sc. Alberto Giacometti (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- dr. sc. Jukka Teräs (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- dr. sc. Carlos Mendez (University of Strathclyde)
- dr.sc. Karima Kourtit (KTH, Royal Institute of Technology)
- doc.dr.sc. Vinko Muštra (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
- doc.dr.sc. Blanka Šimundić (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
The Summer School has been tailored to graduate and postgraduate students (social sciences, technical sciences, science related fields and humanities) as well as the professionals working in the field. We encourage the participation of students in other applied fields who want to improve their knowledge in the field as well.
The Summer School offers two courses on the topic “REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND POLICY – A NEW CONCEPTUALISATION AND REALITY CHECK” (students choose only one):
- COURSE 1: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN POST-CRISIS AND POST-GLOBAL WORLD which covers the broad field of regional development.
- COURSE 2: (EU) REGIONAL POLICY – REALITY CHECK AND PERSPECTIVE which puts more emphasis on regional options, results and future perspective.
- "Early bird" payment deadline: April 15, 2019
- "Early bird" notification of acceptance: March 22, 2019
- "Regular" application deadline: May 03, 2019
- "Regular" notification of acceptance: May 10, 2019
- "Regular" payment deadline: May 31, 2019
For further details visit: http://summer.efst.hr
If you have any questions, please contact: //summer [at] efst.hr" target="_blank">summer [at] efst.hr
Summer Schools at Masaryk University
Application deadline: 28th February 2019
Place: Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
The summer schools organized by the Faculty of Economics and Administration are intended for graduate and advanced undergraduate students entering their final year of study in management, research and development or the physical / applied sciences who wish to develop their skills and become professionally certified in project management.
The topics will range from project creation, risk management, budgeting and planning to the application of PRINCE2® as a standardised, best practice methodology within an agile delivery environment.
Students can choose from the following summer schools:
• Project Management Boot Camp: 3rd – 28th June 2019, 20 ECTS, possible to gain 5 internationally recognized professional certificates: PRINCE2®Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner, PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner, Management of Risk (M_o_R) Foundation, Management of Risk (M_o_R) Practitioner)
• Business Projects with PRINCE2: 3rd – 7th June 2019, 6 ECTS, 2 internationally recognized professional certificates: PRINCE2®Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner)
More information: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/admissions/summer-schools
ISM Summer University in the Baltics
Date: July 1-18, 2019
Place: ISM University of Management and Economics, Vilnius, Lithuania
This three week programme is delivered in English and will allow students taking one (6 ECTS) or two courses (12 ECTS). The programme is aimed at the undergraduate level students, however graduate students may attend as well. In addition to lectures, it includes company visits and a sightseeing event with a weekend trip to the Baltic seaside among others.
The courses offered in 2018 are as follows:
- International Project Management (6ECTS)
- Macroeconomics (6ECTS)
- International Negotiations (6ECTS)
- Corporate Finance (6ECTS)
For more information on the Summer University programme and courses please see its webpage http://www.ism.lt/sub where you may also find a link to application form and a preliminary schedule of the programme. The Early Bird application deadline is February 28, 2019.
More information: summeruniversity [at] ism.lt.
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019
Haaga-Helia is proud to broaden its offer for international students with Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019 in July-August 2019. The Summer School gives students a great opportunity to learn about Service, Sales and Entrepreneurship and experience Finland through engaging social programme.
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019 is divided into two two-week sessions. One session includes one module with three courses worth 3 ECTS together, and a student can study in either of the Sessions – or both, and get up to 6 ECTS!
Application deadline: 15 May 2019
In case you have questions, feel free to contact us at summerschool [at] haaga-helia.fi.
Bayreuth International Summer School 2019
Date: 1-12 July 2019
Place: University of Bayreuth
Application deadline: 30 April 2019
The Bayreuth International Summer School 2019 consists of eight different courses held over the same time period. All courses are conducted in English by international visiting professors and will take place over a period of two weeks in July. Participants have the opportunity to theoretically and practically engage in various seminars and discussions for around 6 hours a day, learning and working in small groups of max. 15-20 international participants.