Summer School: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND POLICY
On behalf of the Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split and The Regional Science Academy, we would like to inform you that the registration for the International Summer School titled “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” (June 29th to July 3rd , 2020, Split, Croatia) is OPEN NOW.
To register, please visit: http://summer.efst.hr/Courses
Please take into consideration the following important dates for applications:
- "Early bird" application deadline: April 1, 2020 (discounted prices available)
- "Regular" application deadline: June 1, 2020
The EFST Summer School “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” represents a unique opportunity to learn and discuss about structures, actors, processes, challenges and future perspective of the regional development and EU policy in dialogue with leading international academic experts and practitioners.
SUMMER SCHOOL LECTURERS:
- Peter Nijkamp (Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam)
- Andres Rodriguez –Pose (London School of Economics)
- Andre Torre (President of the European Regional Science Association - ERSA)
- Wolfgang Petzold (deputy director for communication with the European Committee of the Regions)
- Karima Kourtit (KTH, Royal Institute of Technology)
- Mari Woien Meijer (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- Alessandro Valenza (t33)
- Alberto Giacometti (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- Jukka Teräs (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- Vinko Muštra (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
- Blanka Šimundić (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
The Summer School has been tailored to graduate and postgraduate students (social sciences, technical sciences, science related fields and humanities) as well as the professionals working in the field. We encourage the participation of students in other applied fields who want to improve their knowledge in the field as well.
The Summer School offers two courses on the topic “REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND POLICY – A NEW CONCEPTUALISATION AND REALITY CHECK” (students choose only one):
COURSE 1: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN POST-CRISIS AND POST-GLOBAL WORLD which covers the broad field of regional development.
COURSE 2: (EU) REGIONAL POLICY – REALITY CHECK AND PERSPECTIVE which puts more emphasis on regional options, results and future perspective.
- "Early bird" application deadline: April 1, 2020
- "Early bird" notification of acceptance: April 10, 2020
- "Early bird" payment deadline: May 1, 2020
- "Regular" application deadline: June 1, 2020
- "Regular" notification of acceptance: June 5, 2020
- "Regular" payment deadline: June 16, 2020
- Summer School 2020: June 29 - July 3, 2020.
For further details visit: http://summer.efst.hr
If you have any questions, please contact: summer [at] efst.hr
Bayreuth International Summer School 2020
Date: 6 July - 17 July 2020
The Bayreuth International Summer School 2020 consists of seven different courses held over the same time period. All courses are conducted in English by international visiting professors and will take place over a period of two weeks in July.
Participants have the opportunity to theoretically and practically engage in various seminars and discussions for around six hours a day, learning and working in small groups of max. 15-20 international participants.
The course fee includes tuition fees, an excursion to Berlin or Munich and meals (daily lunch + a welcome & farewell dinner). Students from partner universities may qualify for reduced tuition fee or a tuition fee waiver.
We welcome you to submit your applications via our website starting on 15 January 2020 (deadline: 30 April 2020)
A certificate and ECTS points are awarded for regular attendance of the course, active participation and a short presentation.
summerschool [at] uni-bayreuth.de
Summer Program @ European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder) in 2020
6 week program EUROPE AND BEYOND is perfect to gain credits and make unforgettable memories in this study abroad experience at the German – Polish border.
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Business Administration and Economics
- Intensive German Course
- 6 weeks
- June 3rd to July 18th, 2020
- 12-18 ECTS
- 6-9 units
- Approx. 2400€ (Humanities and Social Sciences/Business Administration and Economics)
- Approx. 3400€ (Language Course)
- WAIVER for students from partner universities! (-400€)
Services included in price:
- Accommodation in single bed rooms
- 2 courses
- Lunch on weekdays
- Transportation within Frankfurt Oder
- Extracurricular activities
Find more information here: www.europa-uni.de/summer-program
The program takes place in Frankfurt Oder and Berlin as well as in our neighboring city Słubice (Poland).
2 week program The European System of Human Rights Protection
Duration: July 6th – 17th, 2020
10 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) Points will be awarded to participants of the Summer Course.
The total fee for the program is 490 EURO. This charge includes: - full tuition costs; - accommodation for full period of the program; - all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
We will provide a limited number of scholarships sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
For more information on the Summer Course and on the application procedure please visit our homepage: http://www.rewi.europa-uni.de/hrcourse
If you any questions, please contact us: jursok [at] europa-uni.de
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2020
Summer School gives students a great opportunity to learn about Service, Sales and Entrepreneurship and experience Finland through engaging and exciting social programme.
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2020 is divided into two two-week sessions. One session includes one module with three courses worth 3 ECTS together. Your student can study in either of the sessions – or both, and earn up to 6 ECTS!
Summer School pricing 2020
Early bird one session 1250€
Regular price one session 1400€
Partner price* 1150€
Early bird both sessions 1950€
Regular price both sessions 2150€
Partner price* 1850€
(*Students from Haaga-Helia’s partner institutions)
ISM Summer Programme 2020
This three week programme is taught in English and will allow students taking one (6 ECTS) or two courses (12 ECTS). The programme is aimed at the undergraduate level students, however graduate students may attend as well. In addition to lectures, it includes company visits and a sightseeing event with a weekend trip to the Baltic seaside among others.
The courses offered in 2020 are as follows:
- International Project Management (6ECTS) – compatible with PMP certification
- Macroeconomics (6ECTS)
- International Negotiations (6ECTS)
- Financial Markets and Institutions (6ECTS) – compatible with CFA certification
- Organizational Behavior
Summer university participants nominated by your school as exchange students will be waived the tuition fee. We count one semester exchange student for 3 nominated summer program students. Non-nominated students will be offered generous discounts. A hospitality fee of 950 EUR applies to all students as it includes three week accommodation package, lunch on weekdays, welcome and farewell receptions, seaside trip and some other social activities.
For more information on the Summer University programme and courses please see its webpage http://www.ism.lt/sub where you may also find a link to application form and a preliminary schedule of the programme. The Early Bird application deadline is February 28, 2020.