Montpellier Business School - Summer Program 2019
From June 24 to July 12, Montpellier Business School will organize it’s 2019 Summer program.
The general topic of the program is "Express your entrepreneurial spirit" (link to the programme), developed in 3 modules over 3 weeks :
- Managing diversity
- Digital business model
- Design thinking - creativity & entrepreneurship
On top of the courses and group projects, students will participate in company visits, field trips, cultural visits etc.
We are happy to offer a fee waiver to your students who would like to participate in the program. The remaining fee for the 3 weeks will be 900€ including :
- Cultural and Company visits
- Accommodation in a student hall of residence from June 22 to July 13
- Lunches every working day of the program
- Airport or Train station pick up upon arrival
- Public transportation card for the duration of the program (valid for public transports in Montpellier and its urban area)
At the end of the program, we will send you a transcript with the marks and credits achieved by your students.
Students can register online HERE.
Transsectoral UrbanLab. Participatory Urbanism Beyond Metropoleis
Frankfurt (Oder), 19 August – 1 September 2019
Viadrinicum is an annual summer school devoted to the countries of the Eastern Partnership region with a special focus on Ukraine. This year it will take place in the form of transsectoral UrbanLab, aiming to tackle the complex issues of local urbanism, urban development and active citizenship in small and medium-sized post-socialist cities from multiple theoretical and methodological perspectives. With a strong emphasis on participatory formats the school will allow its participants to deepen their knowledge about theories of (post-)socialist urbanism, patterns of urban development and strategies of active citizenship with the help of academic seminars and enhance their practical and methodological skills in the framework of several project-oriented workshops.
- Dr. Sofia Dyak (L‘viv), Multiple Transitions: (Re)Assembling Cities from and out of Socialism
- Prof. Dr. Mariusz Czepczyński (Gdańsk), Seeing the Shrinking. Challenged Post-Liminal Post-Industrial Landscapes
- Prof. Dr. Andrii Portnov (Frankfurt/Oder), Dnipro(petrovsk): Writing Transnational History of a Ukrainian City
- Dr. Christian Hochmuth (Frankfurt/Oder), Mediating the Local: Civil Society Actors and Political Decision-Making
- Dr. Daria Bocharnikova (Brussels), Second World Urban Infrastructure and Its Afterlives
Besides the academic part, participants of the school will also be able to develop their own small (team) projects in the framework of three workshops (Art.Lab, Doc.Lab, Research.Lab) under the close guidance of experienced supervisors.
Furthermore, there will be film screenings, public discussions, and Open Space sessions where participants will have a chance to discuss their own scientific or cultural projects with peers and scholars.
The preliminary programme can be found at:
Deadline: 02 June 2019.
Summer school Beer Business - Université libre de Bruxelles
Date: 25 to 31 August 2019, Brussels, Belgium
This one-week intensive programme offers participants a unique opportunity to seep into the rich tradition of Belgian beer and explore the dynamics of the global beer industry in one of the world’s most competitive market in the world. It is intended for graduate students, young graduates and young professionals willing to boost their business skills and enhance their knowledge of the beer sector. It combines lectures led by interdisciplinary faculty, group work and study visits.
Note that this summer school can be valued for 3 ECTS credits.
Summer School ESDES
Summer School in Lyon, France
An ideal mix of business, french language, culture and leisure activities
ESDES Summer School is a four-week program for undergraduate students in Business. It is a great way to give a real international dimension to your studies. You will join a group of students from all over the world who have come to ESDES to enjoy a mix of studies, culture and leisure. Professors of different nationalities will share their business and cultural
experience of the E.U.
- 4-week undergraduate program to understand the European Market
- 4 weeks to experience the French lifestyle
- Gain up to 8 credits ECTS while enjoying the favorite student city in France: Lyon
- The program is taught in English. Students can choose a French language course as an elective module.
- Non native English speakers must provide evidence of English language proficiency (TOEFL scores or a letter of recommendation from an English teacher).
Students choose their 4 modules from the catalog (each worth 2 ECTS):
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Strategy
- Financial Analysis
- HR Management
- The Wine Industry Management
- The EU Single Market
- Business Ethics in Europe
- Cross-Cultural Management – Focus on France
- French Language
detailed catalog available online esdes.fr/programs
The overall program is worth 8 ECTS.
(ECTS : European Credit Transfer System)
International Partnership Coordinator
summerschool [at] univ-catholyon.fr
Trier University Summer School
Course dates: August 5 to August 30, 2019
Course cost: 600 €
The program and fee include:
- German language courses on all levels from A1 to C2 (approx. 80 hours of instruction ) with a graded final test and 5 ECTS points
- an Europe-oriented academic lecture and seminar program (12 hours)
- a seminar on current didactic methods and pedagogical concepts in the field of German as a Foreign Language (optional for level C1/C2, 24 hours)
- excursions in Germany, France and Luxemburg
Further information and online application:
EFST Summer School 2019
Date: June 10 - June 14, 2019.
"Early bird" application deadline: March 15, 2019
"Regular" application deadline: May 03, 2019
On behalf of the Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split and The Regional Science Academy, titled “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” (June 10th to June 14th , 2019, Split, Croatia).
The EF ST Summer School “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” represents a unique opportunity to learn and discuss about structures, actors, processes, challenges and future perspective of the regional development and EU policy in dialogue with leading international academic experts and practitioners.
SUMMER SCHOOL LECTURERS:
- Peter Nijkamp, prof. emeritus (Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam)
- prof. dr. sc. Andres Rodriguez –Pose (London School of Economics)
- prof. dr. sc. John Bachtler (University of Strathclyde)
- prof. dr. sc. Roberta Capello (Politecnico of Milan)
- prof. dr. sc. Fiona Wishlade (European Policies Research Centre, School of Government and Public Policy, University of Strathclyde)
- dr. sc. Alberto Giacometti (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- dr. sc. Jukka Teräs (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- dr. sc. Carlos Mendez (University of Strathclyde)
- dr.sc. Karima Kourtit (KTH, Royal Institute of Technology)
- doc.dr.sc. Vinko Muštra (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
- doc.dr.sc. Blanka Šimundić (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
The Summer School has been tailored to graduate and postgraduate students (social sciences, technical sciences, science related fields and humanities) as well as the professionals working in the field. We encourage the participation of students in other applied fields who want to improve their knowledge in the field as well.
The Summer School offers two courses on the topic “REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND POLICY – A NEW CONCEPTUALISATION AND REALITY CHECK” (students choose only one):
- COURSE 1: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN POST-CRISIS AND POST-GLOBAL WORLD which covers the broad field of regional development.
- COURSE 2: (EU) REGIONAL POLICY – REALITY CHECK AND PERSPECTIVE which puts more emphasis on regional options, results and future perspective.
- "Early bird" payment deadline: April 15, 2019
- "Early bird" notification of acceptance: March 22, 2019
- "Regular" application deadline: May 03, 2019
- "Regular" notification of acceptance: May 10, 2019
- "Regular" payment deadline: May 31, 2019
For further details visit: http://summer.efst.hr
If you have any questions, please contact: //summer [at] efst.hr" target="_blank">summer [at] efst.hr
Summer Schools at Masaryk University
Application deadline: 28th February 2019
Place: Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
The summer schools organized by the Faculty of Economics and Administration are intended for graduate and advanced undergraduate students entering their final year of study in management, research and development or the physical / applied sciences who wish to develop their skills and become professionally certified in project management.
The topics will range from project creation, risk management, budgeting and planning to the application of PRINCE2® as a standardised, best practice methodology within an agile delivery environment.
Students can choose from the following summer schools:
• Project Management Boot Camp: 3rd – 28th June 2019, 20 ECTS, possible to gain 5 internationally recognized professional certificates: PRINCE2®Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner, PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner, Management of Risk (M_o_R) Foundation, Management of Risk (M_o_R) Practitioner)
• Business Projects with PRINCE2: 3rd – 7th June 2019, 6 ECTS, 2 internationally recognized professional certificates: PRINCE2®Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner)
More information: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/admissions/summer-schools
ISM Summer University in the Baltics
Date: July 1-18, 2019
Place: ISM University of Management and Economics, Vilnius, Lithuania
This three week programme is delivered in English and will allow students taking one (6 ECTS) or two courses (12 ECTS). The programme is aimed at the undergraduate level students, however graduate students may attend as well. In addition to lectures, it includes company visits and a sightseeing event with a weekend trip to the Baltic seaside among others.
The courses offered in 2018 are as follows:
- International Project Management (6ECTS)
- Macroeconomics (6ECTS)
- International Negotiations (6ECTS)
- Corporate Finance (6ECTS)
For more information on the Summer University programme and courses please see its webpage http://www.ism.lt/sub where you may also find a link to application form and a preliminary schedule of the programme. The Early Bird application deadline is February 28, 2019.
More information: summeruniversity [at] ism.lt.
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019
Haaga-Helia is proud to broaden its offer for international students with Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019 in July-August 2019. The Summer School gives students a great opportunity to learn about Service, Sales and Entrepreneurship and experience Finland through engaging social programme.
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019 is divided into two two-week sessions. One session includes one module with three courses worth 3 ECTS together, and a student can study in either of the Sessions – or both, and get up to 6 ECTS!
Application deadline: 15 May 2019
In case you have questions, feel free to contact us at summerschool [at] haaga-helia.fi.
Bayreuth International Summer School 2019
Date: 1-12 July 2019
Place: University of Bayreuth
Application deadline: 30 April 2019
The Bayreuth International Summer School 2019 consists of eight different courses held over the same time period. All courses are conducted in English by international visiting professors and will take place over a period of two weeks in July. Participants have the opportunity to theoretically and practically engage in various seminars and discussions for around 6 hours a day, learning and working in small groups of max. 15-20 international participants.