The Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Pécs (FBE, UP) pays special attention to the protection of personal data, which it always handles confidentially and lawfully, in accordance with the regulations of Act CXII of 2011 on Informational Self-determination and Freedom of Information.
Who handles the data? Who can have access to my data?
Handler of the data is the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Pécs – hereinafter: FBE, UP.
- H-7622 Pécs, Rákóczi út 80.
- Tax number: 15329798-2-02
- OM identification number: FI 58544
- E-mail: kapcsolat [at] ktk.pte.hu
- Web: www.ktk.pte.hu
Personal data can only be known by a few authorised colleagues of FBE, UP; those are not transferred to external organs and not published, either. In exceptional cases it may happen that we transfer personal data to other organs or persons, on the basis of concrete legal obligations.
What is the legal ground of the handling of data?
- Registration for the events related to the admission process, to professional and academic programmes and for newsletters is on completely voluntary basis, the legal ground of the handling of data in these registrations is the written consent therein, which is the voluntary and firm statement of one’s will, based on the related information, and with which one gives their unequivocal agreement for the handling of their personal data.
- Furthermore, for each visitor to our website we register the IP address. In case of identified users the data provided when logging in the institution are registered, namely:
- Users identification (compulsory)
- Individual identification, like eduPersonPrincipalName or other persistent identification like eduPersonTargetedID. eduPersonPrincipalName is the preferred option.
- Email (compulsory)
- Full name (if available), by displayName attribute.
- In case of identified users, users provide personal data voluntarily which are also registered by FBE, UP. These may be:
- All the contents and transactions that the user registers
- Display settings
- Contact data
- Personal description
- For the use of the website it is absolutely necessary to use session cookies.
What are data necessary for? What is the goal of data handling?
The goals of data handling are as follows:
- Sending information related to events, contacts, or
- Sending information e-mails and newsletters related to our Faculty, our trainings and the admission procedures and deadlines for these.
- Logging IP addresses and referrer data on the web server. In case of a user logged in: transactions diary, personification of data uploaded, editing history, and support of administration during the processing of applications.
- As regards session cookies, the goal is to allow visitors to fully and smoothly browse the ktk.pte.hu site and its sib-sites, to use their functions and the services available there.
- Our Faculty uses Google Analytics as the cookies of third parties on both the ktk.pte.hu site and its sub-sites. By the use of Google Analytics for statistical purposes we collect information regarding how visitors use our websites. Data are used for the development of the website and the enhancement of user experience.
How long are data handled? Can I withdraw my consent?
- Personal data provided are handled until the withdrawal of the consent. The consent for data handling can be withdrawn at any time by a mail sent to the address kapcsolat [at] ktk.pte.hu.
- As regards session cookies, the validity period of cookies is until the finish of the session (browsing); these cookies are automatically deleted from the computer, or from the other device used for browsing, with the shutting of the browser.
- As regards cookies used or analytical purposes, they remain on the computer or other device used for browsing until their validity expires, in its browser, or until the visitor deletes them by the deletion of browsing history and cookies.
What rights do I have during data handling?
On the ground of paragraphs 14-15 of Act CXII of 2011 on Informational Self-determination and Freedom of Information, information about the circumstances of data handling can be required at any time. Information can be requested in oral or written form, by a mail sent to the postal address of FBE, UP or electronically to the e-mail address kapcsolat [at] ktk.pte.hu. If information concerns personal data, it must be secured that access is only provided after adequate identification. The correction of incorrect (false, inaccurate or deficient) personal data can also be requested. One can also request the deletion of personal data; furthermore, data must also be deleted if their handling is illegal, or if data are deficient or false, with no possible legal resolution. Personal data can be deleted if deletion is not forbidden by the law, if the objective of data handling no longer exists, or if the legally defined period for the storage of data has expired, or if it is ordered by the court or the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information. Request for correction or deletion – besides an unambiguous identification – can be made personally or in writing. The correction or deletion of data is done by FBE, UP within 15 days.
What judicial remedies exist?
In case of personal data breaches it is first of all the data protection officer of the university who you can turn to (http://pte.hu/adatvedelem), who will investigate the announcement and in case of data breach will order the handler or processor of the data to eliminate data breach.
If data breach has occurred in the handling of personal data, or the direct risk thereof exists, you can initiate an investigation at the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (NAIH, www.naih.hu).
If your right to information, correction or deletion is breached, you can also turn to the court. If the handler of the data caused damage or violated our personality rights by the illegal handling of your personal data, you are eligible for compensation or grievance fee.
Should you have any further question concerning the handling of data, you can contact us at the e-mail address kapcsolat [at] ktk.pte.hu.