MATHEMATICS TEST ON THE BSC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
The Mathematics test will be conducted in the Moodle online LMS platform. Please notice that a proctoring software, Respondus LockDown Browser (which records your camera, face, voice, or any other computer activity) is used during the exam.
The eligible applicants will receive the guide and all the information from the International coordinator prior to the Mathematics test open.
Once you start the Mathematics test, you will have 90 minutes before it closes automatically. You can freely navigate between the pages. Questions require you to enter a numeric solution or choose between answer options. The required level to pass the test is 50.01%. A result of 65% or higher qualifies the applicants to be able to absolve the Introduction to Quantitative Methods (IQM) course without the need of attending classes once they begin their studies at our School.
From the moment of delivery of the mathematical test link, the applicants have 48 hours (2 full days) to start and complete the test starting from the next day (0.00 a.m.) after the e-mail was sent (the respective CET or CEST hours matter). Once the applicant has started to complete the test, there are 90 minutes to finish.
Please note that the test will close on a given day at 23:59 (Hungarian time). You must start the test at 22:29 (Hungarian time) AT THE LATEST in order to have the full 90 minutes. In case you start, e.g. 23:00 (Hungarian time, you will only have 59 minutes to finish.
There is no possibility of restarting the test.
In case the applicant is not attending the test, or the result is below 50%, the application must be rejected.
In case the applicant can prove that a technical issue has occurred for reasons beyond his/her control, based on individual assessment, the applicant can be granted another opportunity to complete the test with the same settings.
In case the applicant is caught on cheating his/her work done will be considered invalid, and the application will be automatically rejected.
The test covers the following topics:
1. Essentials of Set Theory. Set of Real Numbers and its Subsets, i.e. Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational Numbers, Irrational Numbers. Rules of Algebra for Real Numbers. Number Line. Intervals. Absolute Value.
2. Integer Powers. Fractional Powers. Calculus Rules and Identities for Powers. Compound Interest and Other Business Applications.
3. Polynomial, degree, multivariate polynomial. Polynomial arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, power). Factorisation. Polynomial identities. Arithmetic of algebraic fractions (multiplication, division, simplification, expansion, addition and subtraction). Some Useful Symbols and their Applications, i.e. Summation, Double Summation, Product. Newton’s Binomial Formula.
4. Functions. Functions of One Variable. Graphs of Functions. Linear Functions. Quadratic Functions. Polynomials. Power Functions. Exponential Function. Logarithmic function.
5. Inverse of a Function. Characterisation of Elementary Functions with their Graphs. Transformation of Functions.
6. Solving Equations. Linear and Non-Linear Equations. Quadratic Equations. Solution Methods for Systems of Linear Equations with Two Unknowns.