UBB-FSEGA International Summer School on Business Administration (ISSBA)
The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration from Babeș-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca will organize this summer the third edition of the UBB-FSEGA International Summer School on Business Administration (ISSBA) that is addressed to business students from all over the world.
This year the summer school will focus on two modules (Module 1: Current Issues in Management and Marketing and Module 2: Corporate Finance, Reporting and Communication) with a perspective on Eastern Europe and will take place on-campus during 18 July – 23 July 2022.
During the Summer School international students will attend classes taught by professors and researchers from the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration and they will also benefit from lectures given by Romanian entrepreneurs. The summer school is the best opportunity to visit Cluj-Napoca, the capital of Transylvania and learn more about Romanian culture. On top of that, participants will have the chance to experience the student life in Cluj-Napoca through a variety of cultural and social activities including a trip outside the town.
More details about the summer school and the registration process can be found on the following website: www.econ.ubbcluj.ro/summerschool.
For further inquiries, students can write to the Academic Coordinator of the summer school: ovidiu.bordean [at] econ.ubbcluj.ro.
Summer School Viadrinicum 2021
Transsectoral DigitalLab: (Dis-)Assembling the (Post-)Digital Social.
Frankfurt (Oder)/Online, 16 – 29 August 2021
Viadrinicum is an annual summer school devoted to the countries of the Eastern Partnership, and the larger context of Central and Eastern Europe. This year's edition is designed as a transsectoral DigitalLab, aiming to explore social and political dimensions of digital transformation from multiple theoretical and methodological perspectives. With the help of academic seminars, the school will allow its participants to critically engage with the notions of the digital self and the (post-)digital social, datafication and algorithmisation of life, as well as digital infrastructures and smart technologies.
Applications are welcome from anyone meeting the following requirements:
- You are a student, a PhD candidate, an NGO activist or an artist up to 35 y/o, from any country of the world;
- You have a genuine interest in transsectoral and interdisciplinary approaches to the topics of digitalisation;
- Your knowledge of English is sufficient to take an active part in the discussions.
Application form can be filled out here: https://t1p.de/iorb
Deadline: 31 May 2021.
Preliminary programme and additional details can be found at www.viadrinicum.blog.
You are also welcome to spread the information further, for instance, by sharing our CfA post on Facebook:
Haaga-Helia Summer School
The summer school of 2021 provided by Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences is here and we welcome you to dive into trending topics such as Doing Business in the Nordics, Circular Economy, Digital Business and Innovative Service Design. All tailored for any internationally minded student. We will also provide you with a cultural splash of both Finland and Helsinki in this fully virtual summer school organized from 19th of July until the 30th of July.
The summer school enables you to develop your talent and earn ECTS credits, meet new friends and get a feel of Finland by modern virtual e-learning exercises and pass-time activities offered outside the virtual classrooms.
More information about the courses, prices and registration is available at the Summer school website.
In case you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact summerschool [at] haaga-helia.fi
HSE GSB Summer School “Doing Business in Russia”
To those who see themselves in the future starting a joint venture, establishing a subsidiary or just signing a contract with a local company in Moscow, St. Petersburg or Novosibirsk this two-week Summer program will offer an opportunity to learn about specific aspects of Russian economic context, marketing trends or manufacturing requirements.
The syllabus focuses on five main areas in which doing business in Russia may present the greatest difficulty: Business Culture, Soviet Legacy and Management Practices, Marketing, Operational Excellence, CSR. Various issues related to these five areas will be covered during morning sessions by leading faculty from the HSE Graduate School of Business as well as renown visiting professors. In the afternoon students will have time to work on their team projects. There will also be a round table involving Russian and non-Russian businessmen sharing their experience of working in a multinational company in Russia which will allow students to hear real-life stories and ask questions. And since living and working in Russia is never just about work, there will be cultural nights for students to relax and have fun while watching and discussing movies or cooking together a traditional Russian meal.
There will be two tracks proposed. Students who will work on team projects will be invited to defend them on July 16 in front of a distinguished jury consisting of faculty and business people. The short track will involve all offered activities except team projects.
Registration is open until June 11.
To register and learn more about the school visit the website.
Should you have any questions, contact gsbsummer [at] hse.ru.
Montpellier Business School - Summer Program 2019
From June 24 to July 12, Montpellier Business School will organize it’s 2019 Summer program.
The general topic of the program is "Express your entrepreneurial spirit" (link to the programme), developed in 3 modules over 3 weeks :
- Managing diversity
- Digital business model
- Design thinking - creativity & entrepreneurship
On top of the courses and group projects, students will participate in company visits, field trips, cultural visits etc.
We are happy to offer a fee waiver to your students who would like to participate in the program. The remaining fee for the 3 weeks will be 900€ including :
- Cultural and Company visits
- Accommodation in a student hall of residence from June 22 to July 13
- Lunches every working day of the program
- Airport or Train station pick up upon arrival
- Public transportation card for the duration of the program (valid for public transports in Montpellier and its urban area)
At the end of the program, we will send you a transcript with the marks and credits achieved by your students.
Students can register online HERE.
Transsectoral UrbanLab. Participatory Urbanism Beyond Metropoleis
Frankfurt (Oder), 19 August – 1 September 2019
Viadrinicum is an annual summer school devoted to the countries of the Eastern Partnership region with a special focus on Ukraine. This year it will take place in the form of transsectoral UrbanLab, aiming to tackle the complex issues of local urbanism, urban development and active citizenship in small and medium-sized post-socialist cities from multiple theoretical and methodological perspectives. With a strong emphasis on participatory formats the school will allow its participants to deepen their knowledge about theories of (post-)socialist urbanism, patterns of urban development and strategies of active citizenship with the help of academic seminars and enhance their practical and methodological skills in the framework of several project-oriented workshops.
- Dr. Sofia Dyak (L‘viv), Multiple Transitions: (Re)Assembling Cities from and out of Socialism
- Prof. Dr. Mariusz Czepczyński (Gdańsk), Seeing the Shrinking. Challenged Post-Liminal Post-Industrial Landscapes
- Prof. Dr. Andrii Portnov (Frankfurt/Oder), Dnipro(petrovsk): Writing Transnational History of a Ukrainian City
- Dr. Christian Hochmuth (Frankfurt/Oder), Mediating the Local: Civil Society Actors and Political Decision-Making
- Dr. Daria Bocharnikova (Brussels), Second World Urban Infrastructure and Its Afterlives
Besides the academic part, participants of the school will also be able to develop their own small (team) projects in the framework of three workshops (Art.Lab, Doc.Lab, Research.Lab) under the close guidance of experienced supervisors.
Furthermore, there will be film screenings, public discussions, and Open Space sessions where participants will have a chance to discuss their own scientific or cultural projects with peers and scholars.
The preliminary programme can be found at:
Deadline: 02 June 2019.
Summer school Beer Business - Université libre de Bruxelles
Date: 25 to 31 August 2019, Brussels, Belgium
This one-week intensive programme offers participants a unique opportunity to seep into the rich tradition of Belgian beer and explore the dynamics of the global beer industry in one of the world’s most competitive market in the world. It is intended for graduate students, young graduates and young professionals willing to boost their business skills and enhance their knowledge of the beer sector. It combines lectures led by interdisciplinary faculty, group work and study visits.
Note that this summer school can be valued for 3 ECTS credits.
Summer School ESDES
Summer School in Lyon, France
An ideal mix of business, french language, culture and leisure activities
ESDES Summer School is a four-week program for undergraduate students in Business. It is a great way to give a real international dimension to your studies. You will join a group of students from all over the world who have come to ESDES to enjoy a mix of studies, culture and leisure. Professors of different nationalities will share their business and cultural
experience of the E.U.
- 4-week undergraduate program to understand the European Market
- 4 weeks to experience the French lifestyle
- Gain up to 8 credits ECTS while enjoying the favorite student city in France: Lyon
- The program is taught in English. Students can choose a French language course as an elective module.
- Non native English speakers must provide evidence of English language proficiency (TOEFL scores or a letter of recommendation from an English teacher).
Students choose their 4 modules from the catalog (each worth 2 ECTS):
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Strategy
- Financial Analysis
- HR Management
- The Wine Industry Management
- The EU Single Market
- Business Ethics in Europe
- Cross-Cultural Management – Focus on France
- French Language
detailed catalog available online esdes.fr/programs
The overall program is worth 8 ECTS.
(ECTS : European Credit Transfer System)
International Partnership Coordinator
summerschool [at] univ-catholyon.fr
Trier University Summer School
Course dates: August 5 to August 30, 2019
Course cost: 600 €
The program and fee include:
- German language courses on all levels from A1 to C2 (approx. 80 hours of instruction ) with a graded final test and 5 ECTS points
- an Europe-oriented academic lecture and seminar program (12 hours)
- a seminar on current didactic methods and pedagogical concepts in the field of German as a Foreign Language (optional for level C1/C2, 24 hours)
- excursions in Germany, France and Luxemburg
Further information and online application:
EFST Summer School 2019
Date: June 10 - June 14, 2019.
"Early bird" application deadline: March 15, 2019
"Regular" application deadline: May 03, 2019
On behalf of the Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split and The Regional Science Academy, titled “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” (June 10th to June 14th , 2019, Split, Croatia).
The EF ST Summer School “Regional development and policy – a new conceptualisation and reality check” represents a unique opportunity to learn and discuss about structures, actors, processes, challenges and future perspective of the regional development and EU policy in dialogue with leading international academic experts and practitioners.
SUMMER SCHOOL LECTURERS:
- Peter Nijkamp, prof. emeritus (Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam)
- prof. dr. sc. Andres Rodriguez –Pose (London School of Economics)
- prof. dr. sc. John Bachtler (University of Strathclyde)
- prof. dr. sc. Roberta Capello (Politecnico of Milan)
- prof. dr. sc. Fiona Wishlade (European Policies Research Centre, School of Government and Public Policy, University of Strathclyde)
- dr. sc. Alberto Giacometti (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- dr. sc. Jukka Teräs (Nordregio (Nordic Centre for Regional Development and Planning)
- dr. sc. Carlos Mendez (University of Strathclyde)
- dr.sc. Karima Kourtit (KTH, Royal Institute of Technology)
- doc.dr.sc. Vinko Muštra (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
- doc.dr.sc. Blanka Šimundić (Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split)
The Summer School has been tailored to graduate and postgraduate students (social sciences, technical sciences, science related fields and humanities) as well as the professionals working in the field. We encourage the participation of students in other applied fields who want to improve their knowledge in the field as well.
The Summer School offers two courses on the topic “REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND POLICY – A NEW CONCEPTUALISATION AND REALITY CHECK” (students choose only one):
- COURSE 1: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN POST-CRISIS AND POST-GLOBAL WORLD which covers the broad field of regional development.
- COURSE 2: (EU) REGIONAL POLICY – REALITY CHECK AND PERSPECTIVE which puts more emphasis on regional options, results and future perspective.
- "Early bird" payment deadline: April 15, 2019
- "Early bird" notification of acceptance: March 22, 2019
- "Regular" application deadline: May 03, 2019
- "Regular" notification of acceptance: May 10, 2019
- "Regular" payment deadline: May 31, 2019
For further details visit: http://summer.efst.hr
If you have any questions, please contact: //summer [at] efst.hr" target="_blank">summer [at] efst.hr
Summer Schools at Masaryk University
Application deadline: 28th February 2019
Place: Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
The summer schools organized by the Faculty of Economics and Administration are intended for graduate and advanced undergraduate students entering their final year of study in management, research and development or the physical / applied sciences who wish to develop their skills and become professionally certified in project management.
The topics will range from project creation, risk management, budgeting and planning to the application of PRINCE2® as a standardised, best practice methodology within an agile delivery environment.
Students can choose from the following summer schools:
• Project Management Boot Camp: 3rd – 28th June 2019, 20 ECTS, possible to gain 5 internationally recognized professional certificates: PRINCE2®Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner, PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner, Management of Risk (M_o_R) Foundation, Management of Risk (M_o_R) Practitioner)
• Business Projects with PRINCE2: 3rd – 7th June 2019, 6 ECTS, 2 internationally recognized professional certificates: PRINCE2®Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner)
More information: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/admissions/summer-schools
ISM Summer University in the Baltics
Date: July 1-18, 2019
Place: ISM University of Management and Economics, Vilnius, Lithuania
This three week programme is delivered in English and will allow students taking one (6 ECTS) or two courses (12 ECTS). The programme is aimed at the undergraduate level students, however graduate students may attend as well. In addition to lectures, it includes company visits and a sightseeing event with a weekend trip to the Baltic seaside among others.
The courses offered in 2018 are as follows:
- International Project Management (6ECTS)
- Macroeconomics (6ECTS)
- International Negotiations (6ECTS)
- Corporate Finance (6ECTS)
For more information on the Summer University programme and courses please see its webpage http://www.ism.lt/sub where you may also find a link to application form and a preliminary schedule of the programme. The Early Bird application deadline is February 28, 2019.
More information: summeruniversity [at] ism.lt.
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019
Haaga-Helia is proud to broaden its offer for international students with Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019 in July-August 2019. The Summer School gives students a great opportunity to learn about Service, Sales and Entrepreneurship and experience Finland through engaging social programme.
Haaga-Helia Summer School 2019 is divided into two two-week sessions. One session includes one module with three courses worth 3 ECTS together, and a student can study in either of the Sessions – or both, and get up to 6 ECTS!
Application deadline: 15 May 2019
In case you have questions, feel free to contact us at summerschool [at] haaga-helia.fi.
Bayreuth International Summer School 2019
Date: 1-12 July 2019
Place: University of Bayreuth
Application deadline: 30 April 2019
The Bayreuth International Summer School 2019 consists of eight different courses held over the same time period. All courses are conducted in English by international visiting professors and will take place over a period of two weeks in July. Participants have the opportunity to theoretically and practically engage in various seminars and discussions for around 6 hours a day, learning and working in small groups of max. 15-20 international participants.