Change, redirection and development
The changing role of businesses, universities and policy in adapting to a rapidly changing world
The last decade have shown several global tendencies from climate change through digitalization to the vulnerability of specialized supply chains which pose serious questions for businesses, higher education institutions and policy makers. These changes pose extremely crucial questions for lagging areas: how they are affected by, how they can cope with and finally how they are able to become more competitive in this changing environment.
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of its establishment, the Faculty of Business and Economics of University of Pécs organizes an academic conference for the discussion of these topics. We invite presentations to the conference in the following topics.
president, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Head of Unit, Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy
Smart specialisation policy in Europe: What we know and what we don’t know
president, National Research, Development and Innovation Office
„Mindent mindennel” Az intelligens szakosodás hazai vetületei
associate professor, University of Pécs
Az azonnali fizetések forradalma – tizenkét év a pénzforgalom világában
- in the focus of organizational management
- in strategic thinking
- in the field of motivation and employment types
- in organizational communication
- in consumption patterns
- in the social evaluation of consumption
- in the evaluation of consumption in different scientific fields
- in the evaluation of touristic consumption
- in the focus of accounting research
- in the role, methodology and education of accounting and auditing
- in the role of accounting information in decision making
- in the content and judgment of accounting services
- Operations management
- Operations research
- New methods of data collection and data analysis
- Digital finance
- Regional innovation- and development policies, smart specialization policies
- Entrepreneurship policies
- Entrepreneurial discovery process
- University-based entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Small business competitiveness
- Innovation networks
- Networks, development and disparities
- Economic impact estimation
- Economic growth: catching up and divergence in regions
Information about the conference
The date of the conference: 5-6th November, 2020
Conference venue: Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Pécs. Rákóczi street 80, Pécs, Hungary
The conference is expected to be held on a personal basis in Pécs, but adapting to the uncertainty about travel arrangements this year, we plan to organize online sessions as well.
Applicants can reveal their preferences in this respect through the application form.
Applications are accepted in the form of an abstract of 500 words until the 6th of September, 2020.
Notification of acceptance is sent out until 20th September. Registration opens on the 1st of October.
Further information: sebestyent [at] ktk.pte.hu