The Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Pécs established its International PhD Program in Business Administration for professionals in the world of business or in public administration and with several years of experience in their field.
The program combines the advantages of contact-based and distance education drawing on the contribution of nationally and internationally recognized experts. The program’s design favourably combines the traditions of American education (where several years of formal education is needed to obtain the doctoral degree) and the European (with limited number of classes and a strong emphasis on independent dissertation research).
The Program is designed to help students acquire the knowledge necessary for writing a successful dissertation and to support independent research by providing professional feedback from experienced faculty supervisors at dissertation seminars.
The direct educational period consists of four semesters during which students are required to be on campus. Students each semester spend approximately 10 days on campus attending classes, consulting their supervisor on their research topic and doing further research in the Library.
In order to receive the PhD degree, students must accomplish the following:
- accomplish all the required courses for a total of 120 coursework credits by the end of the 4th active semester
- successfully submit a Research Proposal
- pass the Complex Exam at the end of the 4th active semester
- fulfil the publication requirements - collect 120 credit points, with having at least four journal articles (min. three in English) –
- prepare the PhD Dissertation
- defend the PhD Dissertation