BSc Tourism and Catering
Degree: Bachelor of Sciences (BSc) in Tourism and Catering
Duration of training: 3 years (6 semesters)
As it is widely known, in the past decades tourism became one of the largest and fastest-growing economic sectors in the world. As the UNWTO (World Tourism Organization) highlights in the latest reports, this branch of industry turned into a key driver of socio-economic progress through the creation of jobs and enterprises, export revenues, and infrastructure development in both developed and developing countries. Newer and newer areas and markets appear both concerning inbound and outbound tourism and competition and diversification also became key issues in the global tourism processes.
Since tourism is one of the greatest players of international commerce, represents 7% of the world’s exports in goods and services or contributes 10% to the global GDP or to global employment, it is definitely worth study and later on being occupied in this dynamically growing branch wherever you come from or wherever you would like to work later. If you see the business opportunities this industry offers you are the one we need.
When you finish your studies you will be an Economist in Tourism and Catering.
With the acquired economic, business, social sciences, applied methodology and tourism and catering specialised knowledge you will be able to manage the tasks and challenges and the related workflows in a wide range of activities related to tourism and catering. You will be able to reveal and analyse the factors influencing the tourism demand, create an attractive and experience based supply and organise and fulfil the related services activities.
At the end of our programme you will have the knowledge and skills of:
- You will understand the basic processes of the system of tourism and you will be able to be part of its professional operation;
- You will have the knowledge of the peculiar characteristics of tourism and catering businesses and their management;
- You will have practical and theoretical knowledge on the development of the different tourism products and the development and management of destinations
Professions and jobs
- tourism (destination, product) manager (both in private and public spheres – companies, local governments, state governing bodies)
- tourism planner, researcher, regional development expert
- hotel or restaurant manager
- hotel receptionist
- travel agent, travel organiser
- conference and event organiser
- tourism sales manager
- tourism marketing manager
Arrival: last week of August
Orientation day: First week of September
|Type of training||Finances||Educational time||Start of education|
for citizens of EU member states
1 150 EUR (350 000 Ft) / semester
|6 semesters||fall semester of 2020/2021 academic year|
for citizens of all other countries
3 000 EUR / semester
Check out our video about the Faculty!