About the Stipendium Hungaricum Program
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government as part of the government policy called “Eastern and Southern Opening”. The scholarship program is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. Currently 68 sending partners are engaged in the program.
Every year hundreds of international students gain admission to our university with the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship.
Provisions covered by the Scholarship
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend:
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 43 700 contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies,
- doctoral level: monthly HUF 140 000 for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- Accommodation: dormitory placement OR a monthly contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 100 000 a year/person
Sending Partners and Available Study Programmes
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions. Currently nearly 70 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme on 5 different continents, and the geographical scope of the programme is spreading each year.
Applicants are eligible to apply for scholarship types and study fields determined in the educational cooperation programmes in effect between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply to one of our study programmes with Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, you need to apply through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation and choose your selected study programme at the University of Pécs as your first priority.
More information on the application process can be found on the official website of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme.
Application period: 15 November 2021 - 15 January 2022
WHY COME TO PÉCS AND CHOOSE US?
As a student of the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Pécs not only will you learn and develop yourself in a modern and continuously renewed environment but you will also enjoy the diverse offer of leisure time (cultural and entertainment) services of the city of Pécs, a university city.
Lovers of arts have many museums and exhibitions to choose from. Those more fond of lighter entertainment can enjoy a large supply of cinemas, restaurants and cafés.
What is more, the city is located right at the foot of the MecsekMountains, making the city attractive for nature-lovers with its large number of hiking trails!